Cyanogen Mod 6 and mytouch 3g speed problems solved
So I have my old mytouch 3g with cyanogenmod 6 as my gsm phone when I’m on vacation. The slowness is unbearable. It turns out the key to getting excellent performance is the following.
- Under cyanogenmod settings go to performance settings
- turn on JIT (Just in time compiler for the Dalvik VM)
- uncheck enable surface dithering
- Check Lock home in memory
- Finally replace the default ADW Launcher with LauncherPro
This last step, replacing the home launcher with Launcher Pro is what really did it for me. Hope someone finds this useful.